What it is
The Government is providing funding directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all children. The funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. The amount of PE and sport funding which schools receive is based upon the number of children they have in Years 1-6.
How we are using it at the Bedonwell Federation
We are using it to improve the expertise and confidence amongst staff in the delivery of high quality PE lessons across the school and to ensure the children have a very good understanding of healthy lifestyles. We feel that this is the most effective way for the funding to have a long lasting and positive effect on future learning and physical development of children within our school.
- CPD for staff with an emphasis on gymnastics, dance and athletics.
- Training for all support staff; Teaching Assistants, SEN Teaching Assistants, Higher Level Teaching Assistants
- Providing places for after school sports clubs
- Providing opportunities for children to compete in inter and intra school competitions
- Increasing participation in school sport
The impact of the above will be measured through:
- A greater confidence amongst the staff to plan and deliver high quality PE and sport lessons
- Pupil PE assessments
- Increased participation in PE and Sport
- Staff members increased knowledge of the expectations of the new Primary PE curriculum 2014
Click below to view the outcomes of our sports premium allocations-
Bedonwell Infant and Nursery School:
Bedonwell Junior School: